I champion better mental health and wellbeing in the events industry. AMA

Thank you as well for such lovely words - I started EventWell because of my personal journey and lived experience, and a desire to make a difference for others and for furture generations of event professionals. We can all play a part in this, for me better mental and health and wellbeing is a movement that we can all impact on and make our own!

2 Likes

Hi Helen, thank you so much for taking part in this AMA. Now that virtual and hybrid events dominate the event sector, do you have any tips on how event professionals and attendees can deal with ‘online fatigue’? Is there anything we as event professionals can do to ensure that our events prioritise wellbeing? Thanks!

4 Likes

Great question Karla, best thing managers can do is educate themselves. Normally they don’t know what to do because they have not taken the time to find out more about mental health and make themselves more mental health aware.

From there it is making mental health a part of the cuture of a team and organisation, embedded in policy and procedure, part of recruitment, selection and appointment, one to ones, team meetings, and way the day to day is carried out at work, and then model these behaviours themselves :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant question! The only person who manages our time is ourselves. So only attend and go along to the events and sessions that are going to add immediate value and return for your time. Block out rest period and breaks and make them non negotiable as all self care should be - non negotiable. Make sure you have breaks between sessions and do not book back to back meetings, allow yourself process time inbetween. It’s about being sensible about what we can and should do, and making sure that our own and the mental health and wellbeing of our attendees is at the forefront :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for hosting this ask me anything Helen - it’s been a pleasure having you answering all our questions and I really feel you engaged with us all deeply and we have all took something away from this AMA today, enjoy the rest of your week. :hugs: Hope to speak to you again soon!

1 Like

That’s a wrap folks! Thank you so much Helen for sharing your expertise and thanks to everyone for their questions.

If you have any other questions for Helen, you can message her on here @HelenMoon

Join us in the Green Room same time next week for another Ask Me Anything! :blush:

2 Likes