I help nightclubs be sustainable. AMA

Hey Hannah,

A great company is A Local Printer in Sussex. They produce flyers and posters on recycled paper with eco-inks at extremely affordable prices. There is obviously a strong shift going on towards digital promotion which is good but we are all slowly waking up to the reality of our digital footprints!

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer! Can you share which part of the UK are top of the class and which are bringing up the rear in acting on sustainable nightlife?

Heya! There are lots of great options here, but of course they come at a premium. For corporate events or higher-end venues you will often see drinks made from waste products or sustainable wines (borough wines is one) but in nightclubs there is often a demand for fairly basic drinks that are low cost for the venue and high cost for the consumer. The bar is where all the money comes from for venues so they are very tentative to make any changes. Hopefully we will see affordable alternatives emerging soon. A great restaurant for this is Silo in Hackney Wick (formerly in Brighton)

2 Likes

I think it would be unfair to pick out areas in a negative light as there will always be lots of people in every part of the country doing extremely positive stuff. We are also London-based and almost definitely biased but I would say the demand has been very strong from both Bristol and Sheffield so far!

Thank you for your responses! Do you think it’s possible to remove single-use plastics from all UK nightclubs?

1 Like

That’s a wrap folks! Thank you so much Hadi for joining us today and for sharing your knowledge and thanks to everyone for their questions.

If you have any other questions for Hadi, you can message him on here at @Hadi
or through email - hadi.a@ecodisco.uk

Join us in the Green Room same time next week for another Ask Me Anything! :grinning:

1 Like