I want every company to work a four day week. AMA

Hi joe,

Are there any negative risks that have been statistically proven from a 4 day a week work schedule? Such as lower performance output? Reduced punctuality?

1 Like

Hi Joe, we should admit - we have a 4 day week! We work Tuesday to Fridays. Do you have any tips for us on how to keep the benefits going?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your question. With any big changes to the way an organisation works there is always a risk but except for a very small handful of cases where it’s not worked out, the evidence shows that 9 times out of 10 the move to a four-day week has been a win-win for both employers and employees. This has largely been measured through greater wellbeing but also greater productivity. The other interesting benefit organisations have experienced is people taking a lot less sick days.

2 Likes

That’s great! How is it working out? Most employees and organisations find that they could never even imagine going back to 5 days wants the switch to a four-day week has been made. Is that the case for you?

The only thing I would advise is running another survey of all staff to see how the change has worked out and if anyone needs any further support or changes made.

1 Like

That’s a wrap folks! Thank you so much Joe for joining us today and for sharing your knowledge and thanks to everyone for their questions.

If you have any other questions for Joe you can message him on here at @joeryle
or through email - info@4dayweek.co.uk

To find out more about working a four day week visit their website - https://www.4dayweek.co.uk/

Join us in the Green Room same time next week for another Ask Me Anything! :grinning: