I have run a socially distanced event. AMA

I am Lenka Žlebková and I have been involved in congress tourism since 2008, when I was elected as a member of the Board of Directors for the Prague Convention Bureau

Later in 2010, I was also appointed as a director of the Prague Convention Bureau.

Events restarted in Prague in May, with social distancing, so we have some experience now on how to do this.

During my career in this organization, I managed with my team to move Prague on the ICCA database of world destinations from 19th to 10th place. I also won Prague’s candidacy for the prestigious congress of the International Congress Association ICCA, which took place in 2017 in PCC and lists among the TOP best-rated congresses in the 57 years of history of this organization.

Since 2016, I have joined the PCC as a Sales and Marketing Director and at the same time she became the Vice–Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Prague Convention Bureau. I have successfully contributed to revenue growth, rebranding and modernization of the Prague Congress Centre.

Besides work, I devote my life to my 3 sons and husband. I love music, dancing and singing!

I’ll be here to answer your questions about organising events after COVID-19 and organising events in Prague live on 2020-06-16T15:00:00Z2020-06-16T16:00:00Z.

You’ll need to sign up to the forum to take part.

Once you have signed up, feel free to add this to your calendar by clicking the three dots above.

Talk soon!

Hi Lenka,
Thanks for doing this AMA! When did events start again in Prague and what type of events took place first?

1 Like

Hi Lenka, did you have certain social restrictions in place that were specific for the event? If so, when did you tell people about them? For example, if you expected people to wash their hands/ sign in electronically, wear a face mask… when did you make that clear?
Thanks
Thalia

1 Like

Hi again Lenka, I’m really sorry I won’t be able to make the live event but I’ll be checking back in for some answers later. My next question is, have you run any blended events i.e. where some people are present in the room and some come in via video? If so, how? what tips do you have? how effective were they?.. Thank you Thalia

1 Like

Me again, did you have any networking at your socially distanced events? - if so, how did that work and also did you provide refreshments? - if so, what did you have to do to make that safe, if not how did that affect the event? Thanks Thalia

1 Like

Hi Lenka
Love to hear how you worked around social distancing, offering any refreshments, etc, plus your thoughts on ticket pricing for events in our covid19 world. I can see as event organisers we’ll need to restrict or lower possible attendee numbers due to social distancing - and so should ticket prices go up to a, ensure those events are still actually viable with fewer people; b, reflect the additional complexity of putting on events?
Thanks
Rhian

2 Likes

Hi Lenka,

What kind of advice did the Government provide before you were able to book events again? And what were your biggest concerns before the event? How did you iron these concerns out?

Lizzy

1 Like

We are able to run events as of May 25th for up to 100 pax, as of June 8th up to 300 pax, as of June15 up to 500 pax
As a first event we hosted a conference for public sector (UZIS) who was launching new statistical tool for COVID-19 statistics, 100 pax were present and 300 online through videostreaming.

1 Like

The gouvernement gaves us basic hygienic/safety rules that we have hadto fulfill, so we created basic safety/hygienic rules that we communicated with the client prior the event but are also published on our website. We had them ready aproximately 1 week prior the restart.

2 Likes

Yes, as written earlier the first event we had 100 pax present and 300 pax online - recommendation is to have trusted supplier for AV and ICT equipement and excellent internet connection.

1 Like

Yes, they had regular coffee breaks and lunch, but all refreshments were paked in individual paper boxes + bottled water

1 Like

Welcome everybody! Lenka is here a bit early and already answering questions - please do keep them coming!

Let us know what socially distanced events you are thinking of running and of any tips you have seen elsewhere.

Please can you share a link to the safety/hygenic rules that you published on your website?

We have started with refreshment being served in paper boxes, individually packed we can do also buffet and regular coffee breaks, but with social distancing of min. 2 metres, ideally, F&B staff should be serving food, so no one else is touching serving equipement. As far as ticketing, difficult question, but I do not think it is sustainable to keep on longterm higher ticket prices and so social distancing during events. In the Czech Republic, the gouvernement have already allowed culture events seating without social distancing.

1 Like

Hi Rhian,
Thanks for joining the Ask Me Anything! What type of events are you planning and what typical attendance would you have?

1 Like

Hi Lenka,
Were people worried about attending in the run-up to the event? Did you prepare specific comms? Did you get any feedback after the event?

Were there servers for the coffee? And was there glassware or was it disposable cups / plates?

1 Like

Oh and another one :blush:: do you have any photos that you could share of any of the events that you have run since lockdown?

1 Like

The advice from governemt were only 4 points - social distancing of 2 metres, hygienic rules - desinfection upon entrances and in toilets, facial masks for employees as well as participants, only individual refreshement served + limit of max. people. The biggest issue was that we received the explanatory information very late. First, the gouvernement only annouced the date of relaunch, but no conditions, so we had to be proactive in communication with Czech hygienic office and Ministry of Health.

1 Like