I was involved with the Fyre Festival. AMA

Hi Lau,

Good question! Because as we all know as event professionals, shit happens! In planning a good event, it’s always good to have a plan A, B & C! That’s obviously a bit difficult for every aspect of the event but focusing on a good rain plan for outdoor events, a well organized run of show and a comprehensive pre staff/event team meeting are good measures to take in creating a successful event!

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your reply Andy. I can imagine how difficult and challenging it must have been for you and your team!! Like you say, you did the best you could in this time and moment and it was a great learning curve for future events :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for you feedback Andy. Having pre-recorded content ready to go is a great tip!

3 Likes

Hi LegacyTheTeam,

Fun and quite stressful at the same time! Sadly, you rarely get the ability to work directly with the celebrity…lots of long conference calls with agents, lawyers, assistants, PR firms and every once in a while an in-person with the celebrity. In the end, many of the celebrities are pretty shy but usually always gracious. And if your lucky, your rewarded with a fun photo!

2 Likes

Hi Andy! What has been the best event you’ve ever been to (or organised) and why? :grin:

1 Like

Hi all,
That hour flew by! We have to close now, thanks so much for your questions and to Andy for taking part. Please do follow Andy on Instagram @realandyking.

If you’d like to contact Andy, you can reach him on here @Andyking or by email at bookings@andykingevents.com - Appearances and speaking engagements are his thing :grinning:

Join us next Tuesday 20th October at 16.00 BST for another Ask Me Anything, this time on carbon offsetting! See you next week…

1 Like

Hi Shelby,

Love the question! I hosted a mini Coachella for a couple thousand people on the Coachella Polo grounds in Palm Springs. It was as close to zero waste as you can get and absolutely beautiful. The guests loved it. We created an amazing entrance, a beautiful stage, a silent disco, a karaoke club, large oversized outdoor games, a mid night glow in the dark golf range, a ferris wheel, a hot air balloon, over 20 food trucks partnering with local farmers with amazing ingredients and yummy food, amazing sculptures made of reclaimed, reused and recycled materials and lots of fun activations engaging all the guests. It was an amazing night! And once again we left the site the next day without a trace! That was a great sustainable event!

1 Like